Introducing NVE Corporation – the Leaders in Practical Spintronics
If you are unfamiliar with the term of Spintronics and the new developments and technologies based on it, please take this opportunity to learn more. This technology has huge potential ! In short – Spintronics implies the approach in nanoelectronics that uses not only the charge of an electron but also its spin direction. The spin direction is manipulated by applying a small magnetic field and layer techniques to turn this into a transmission or block effect what can be used in new electronic technologies. The first obvious and already widely used application is simple data / bit storage in MRAM.
But there are many more potential applications of the spintronic effect beside traditional computer technology memories. DIMAC Red’s partner NVE Corporation utilizes the advantages of Spintronics to build new classes of magnetic sensors, isolators and power IC’s.
Let’s check what sensors NVE Corporation offer:
- Magnetometers and Smart Angle Sensors with digital output ( SM and ASR series )
- GMR and TMR analog bridge sensors ( AA, ALT and AB series )
- GMR Switch digital sensors ( AD and AFL series )
- GMT and TMR Nanopower digital sensors ( ADL, ADT, AHL, AHT and AHK series )
- Analog Bridge sensors ( AAT and ADT series )
- Gear Tooth sensors ( ABL and AKL series )
- TMR = Tunneling Magnetoresitance
- GMR = Giant Magnetoresitance
Megnetoresistive: what is the meaning?
Magnetoresistive Sensors are already widely common in the industry today in applications like position-, angle-, magnetic- and current sensing. GMR and TMR are currently the main physical effects used for building new sensors and determining the best sensor for the application.
TMR sensors provide a higher output signal and offer some advantages in accuracy, stability, low temperature drift and less aging effects. They perform very well in angle, position and rotary applications. TMR technology today is competing with older sensing technologies like GMR and Hall-sensors. The TMR sensing element is extremely small and has a high resistivity.
Using NVE sensors in your application offer some high level advantages: –
– The sensor is extremely small, ideal for miniaturization of medical and other devices
– Very reliable / proven in medical and aerospace applications making it ideal for safety critical application
– Power as low as nanowatts / suited for power sensitive applications that require a long battery life
– Easy to use with digital (I2C, SPI ) and analog (omnipolar and bipolar ) outputs