Following the detailed press release about the ESA PECS project “Qualification of IC αRD124A for application in ESA missions”, completed by our partner RD Alfa Microelectronics
Speaking of IC αRD124A, Dimac Red is happy to share the great achievement of our partner RD ALFA Microelectronics. At the end of 2021 it has successfully finished the ESA PECS project “Qualification of IC αRD124A for application in ESA missions”, Contract No.: 4000128048/19/NL/SC.
The project’s main result is the Integrated Circuit αRD124A, which was qualified according to the Single Phase Qualification scheme (SPQ), ESCC No. 9000.
manufacture and acceptance of wafer lots
• assembly of microchip lots of αRD124A
• evaluation tests according to the requirements of ESCC No. 2269000
• assembly of ICs lots for qualification tests
• qualification tests according to the requirements of ESCC No. 20100
The company presented the results to the European Space Components Information Exchange System. After the validation, IC αRD124A was entered into the EPPL (EUROPEAN PREFERRED PARTS LIST), PART 2, issue 43.
In addition, you can easily download the IC αRD124A datasheet by following the link on the side.
Brief description of the Operational Amplifier (OpAmp)
In this paragraph, we would like to focus on OpAmp’s features. Firstly, you should know that the term stands for operational amplifier. Secondly, the operational amplifier with designations 124 and 124А has a long and fruitful history of development and application in various technology fields, including defense and aerospace programs. In short, the OpAmp with product code αRD124A, designed, manufactured, and qualified by RD ALFA Microelectronics, consists of four independent, high power, internally frequency-compensated operational amplifiers. Explicitly it intends to operate from a single power supply over a wide range of voltages.
Additionally, operation from split power supplies is possible. The low power supply current drain is independent of the magnitude of the power supply voltage. Moreover, application areas include transducer amplifiers, DC gain blocks, and all the conventional op-amp circuits, which now can more easily fit single power supply systems.
The αRD124A can be directly powered from the standard +5V DC power supply source, which is typical in digital systems. In fact, it will quickly provide the required interface electronics without requiring additional +15V DC power supplies.
Then, another essential characteristic is the radiation resistance of microcircuits determining their application in aerospace projects. Provided that, the development and production of aRD124A microcircuit aim that the total irradiation dose shall be at least 100 krad and up to 300 krad. This parameter refers to the fast and slow accumulation rate of the total radiation dose. In conclusion, pointed radiation resistance covers up to 90% of the microcircuit applications in the aerospace field.
Top characteristics of the device
To sum up, here’s the list of OpAmp top features:
- Total Ionization Dose (TID) up to 300 krad(Si)
- ELDRS Free up to 300 krad(Si)
- Internally Frequency Compensation for Unity Gain
- Large DC Voltage Gain
- Wide Temperature-Compensated Bandwidth
- Broad Power Supply Range both Single-Supply and Dual Supplies
- Very Low Supply Current Drain Essentially Independent of Supply Voltage
- Low Input Temperature-Compensated Biasing Current
- Input Common-Mode Voltage Range Includes Ground
- Low Input Offset Voltage and Offset Current
- Differential Input Voltage Range Equal to the Power Supply Voltage
- Large Output Voltage Swing
In either case, we invite everyone interested to contact our experts to discuss how this IC can take part in your projects.
For more information, do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com or call the headquarters.